6981 AH Doesburg
+31 (0) 313 484 948
+31 (0) 313 484 936
SC - CUPA IMPLEMENTATION LAB ODESSA - UKRAINE
Short description: ODESSA
Date: 3 - 5 October 2012
Venue: City Council at the Dumskaya Square in Odessa
DOWNLOAD THE FINAL REPORT:
• English Final Report (IL-ODESSA-report-2012-10-02.pdf); size: 20Mb)
THE CUPA IMPLEMENTATION LAB ODESSA 3-5 October 2012
The central problem statement was:
How to diminish the burden of maintenance of the Odessa Parks in the short and long term.
The preparatory visit that was made August 2012 resulted in a specification of the study case that the ODESSA Implementation Lab Workshop will focus on.
The study case regards the Parks of Odessa focusing on two examples.
There is a great concern about the development and management of parks in Odessa, so there is an urgent need to work on that topic.
Odessa has many parks, bigger and smaller ones in the centre, but there is a lack of money to maintain them.
During our preparatory visit, two parks have been selected as studies cases.
DENDRO PARK POBEDI also called Victory park as an example of a bigger park
and the park close to the center of OIdessa with new functions like a football stadium the SHEVCHENKO PARK.
We will try to develop, concepts how to revitalize these parks in mobilizing civic support both in terms of volunteering and in terms of stakeholders, so steps forward can be taken without investments from the side of the Municipality.
The participants of the workshop were encouraged to identify different aspects of involving stakeholders also financially and to suggest possible spatial proposals for the introduction of additional or new functions that could easily be combined with the park function.
Questions, amongst others, are:
- What kind of functions can be given to the Odessa parks that may become new attractions for developers and city residents ?
- How will redevelopment of the park area influence the society in terms of sociological, economic and cultural aspects ?
- How to make the most of the parks in terms of sports, recreational facilities, leisure, etc.?
- How could the parks be maintained without use of additional budget of the city of Odessa?
- How could development at the edges of the parks look like and how could this development have an influence of the renewal of the parks?
- Is there a necessity to embed the parks better into the urban fabric to enhance the attractiveness?
INTRODUCTION and START
- Opening Huibert A. Haccoû - International Intervision Institute [PDF; 1,5 Mb]
CUPA programme - Donau Hanse [PDF; 7,5 Mb]
Photo Gallery of the CUPA IL Odessa (OPENS in a new screen)
FIRST RESULTS OF THE CUPA IL ODESSA
- Recommendation concerning Shevchenko Park [PDF; 2 Mb]
- Recommendation concerning Pobedy Park / Victory Park [PDF; 4,5 Mb]
Reference cases were presented from: