6981 AH Doesburg
+31 (0) 313 484 948
+31 (0) 313 484 936
SC - The CUPA Implementation Lab Lviv
Implementation Lab - CUPA Lviv
Date: 19th - 22nd of June 2011
Venue: City Council at the Rynok Square in Lviv
DOWNLOAD THE FINAL REPORT:
The study case
The awarding of the EURO 2012 UEFA CUP Football Games to the City of Lviv has triggered a whole new development in Lviv. The area that was selected 3 years ago, to accommodate the new to be build football stadium, has a number of established functions, like two hippodromes. Although some exercises were made for the area development by the municipality, the area is to a large extent not been filled in and no decisive plan has been made yet.
Questions that were raised during the preparatory visit were: amongst others:
- What are - or should be - the ambitions and significance for the city of Lviv of the area, after the EURO 2012 UEFA CUP Football games have taken place?
- What could be a strategy to brand the area with a specific identity? As such the study case area has not yet a specific name, what to call the area so every citizen of Lviv will know to what specific area we refer to? The study case area looks, like a satellite of the City of Lviv. How can it be mentally and physically linked to the city? How can a reason to be here, not only for sport - or other events - be created, but also during the weekdays and in the evenings?
The Powerpoint sheets during the WORKING GROUPS (PDF versions):
- Huibert Haccoû - Introduction (800 kB)
- Volkmar Pamer - Implementation Lab - Das format (6.3 Mb)
- Rolf Richard Rammensee - Allianz Arena Munich (3,7 Mb)
- Jadwiga Wojciechowska-Bartnik Polish examples - Lublin (2,6 Mb)
- Marek Dinka - Bratislava (1,5 Mb)
- Luke Bruins - Amsterdam (3,5 Mb)
- Darko Polic - Novi Sad (10,5 Mb)
- Terri Fuglem - Canada (19 Mb)
Download here the FINAL PRESENTATION:
- The final presentation (PDF format; 2,9 Mb; sheet #4 revised)
- The final presentation (Powerpoint format; 9,9 Mb; sheet #4 revised)
DRAFT STUDY CASE including MAPS
The first drafts of the study case dossier are also made available but will be updated so participants are advised to consult this III website regularly.